In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Entreprise FALs.

quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
Are these rifles still worth the money? Are they accurate and reliable?

Comments

• Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    They are better than Century guns, but not as nice as a DSA.

If you can afford, go DSA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do you know what the weak points are in Enetreprise rifles? I cant justify spending over $2,000.00 for a para carbine. when I can buy two from Entreprise for $500.00 more. But I can Buy better barrels from DSA and then have Entreprise install them in a para kit.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Enterprise guns are not weak, they just leave some to be desired in the fit and finish department, sometimes resulting in a gun that does not feed as reliable as the DSA and needs some smithing to ge to work.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I have a Enterprise L1-A1, that I've had for 121/2yrs. It must have been put together when they were doing them right. It has never choked on me, and is very accurate.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Two more questions,1) Can I Install a heavy profile Israeli barrel into a Entreprise reciever?

2)If so, will the DSA FAL railed handguards fit this barrel profile? Or will I have to use the original hand guard and gas system.

Thank you for your input everyone.

Thanks.
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    The DSA is just as likely to not run out of the the box as the Entreprise. Both suffer from fit and finish issues, the DSA will be prettier on the outside however. Both will probably need their feed rails smoothed, and other minor tweaking before they are 100% reliable.

In DSA's case, the nice parkerising job they do on the outside also ends up on the inside, which is what causes reliability issues. Some judicious polishing, a few 100 rounds, and some lube fixes them right up though. DSA has a long, long, lead time currently, and IMHO, is the only game in town for a top quality factory built gun.

Entreprise may require more work.

You best bet is probably to round up the parts you want to use and have a good FALSMITH put it together for you.
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    I asked the FNUSA reps on fnforum.net about seeing a "real" US made FAL... they don't have the tooling, etc. any more, but they recommend DSA as "the best new FAL money can buy".

That said, Entreprise is probably better than the average Century, but any kit built FAL should be checked out before buying if possible.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The only FN licensed FAL guns are made by Imbel of Brazil, and thanks to our politicians, we wont be getting anymore of their awesome receivers anymore.
  • Options
    AZEXAZEX Member Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DSA, the best receiver available.

...and everything else.

Enterputz, ain't even close.

D.
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look around for a used FAL built on an Imbel receiver.

CP