In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ruger no 3 $$??

wahoowillywahoowilly Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone give me an idea of the value of a Ruger No. 3 in .375 Win? I am putting one up for sale (reluctently) and need to know how to price it. Gun and stock are in excellent condition and has only seen three boxes of ammo. It has a Bushnell Banner 1.75 to 4 mounted and a leather military Sling attached. I need to buy my 15 year old a deer rifle and this would a little much for him on the recoil side and I could not afford both. Thanks for all help.

Comments

• Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forum willy--it would help if you posted some pics--but if you can't you could probably get approx $450 for it to the right buyer. The scope doesn't add much value to it-maybe $20. Of course on auction if could reach more than $450--I recently came across a WELL used #1 in .45/70 and it was going for $550 in a gunshop and was sold the following week.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    List your item number here on these forums. Several folks looking for this gun. If it were mine I would start at $450.00.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies guys. I will try and add some picts and maybe list it here. Gun has original stock finish in perfect condiition with no scratches. All metal is PERFECT! I just put it on consignment at the local gun store for $550, but they get $130 off that to sell it. Might just pull it back and list it here.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,762 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    130 to sell,,,,,,,would be better off to sell it here on GB. IMO..Try it[:)] nambu
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would take some very clear, well lit pictures, and post it on the auction side here. I would refrain from a resreve, and start it at 350.00, and let the market decide. #3's are not easily found, especially in good shape, and the 375 winchester is one of the more hard to come by chamberings. You should do surprisingly well with it.

Best
  • Options
    TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You carbine is worth more than you think. Place it here on auction at Gunbroker.com and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it bring $700 or more if the condition is great. The sling swivels you probably added will hurt the value a little. Be sure to add some good pictures. If you still have it on consignment pull it quickly or it will be gone, your price is a bargain.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies. Took the gun back last night. Only cost me $25. Not sure I wanted to let it go anyway. But, now if I do, I will post it on here. Are there details somewhere on here about selling and shipping guns?
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    http://www.gunbroker.com/User/SellerTutorial.asp

if youu want more info on your rifle you can ask on

www.rugerforum.org

those guys really know their Rugers and probably can tell you how many where made and current value
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would pay $450 and I am a cheap bastidge.

CP