In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1953 colt 1911

shootorBeshotshootorBeshot Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have just bought a 1953 commercial 1911 in the original box with papers at a local gun show. It is in in great condition. Anyone out there that can tell me what the going price on this gun is.

Comments

• Options
    shamtasticshamtastic Member Posts: 863 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its almost worthless.

perhaps you want to sell it to me. I have a box of .22 LR ammo I will trade for it.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Post WW II 191A1 pistols were for the most part a very good pistol high in quality control and fit & finish The series 70 MAY be more accurate because of the collet barrel bushing .With that said to find one with the BOX and papers is IMHO a big + . Now as to value a 99% gun with box and papers will bring 200% of what a 90% pistol with it's box etc . This is where opinion of condition comes into play PICTURES are a must. Sorry but just like a 1953 automobile a very nice condition will not bring anywhere near what a MINT one will bring IMHO you need a hands on to judge what it really is worth.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you could post some quality photos using these instructions,

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

some of our members will be glad to help you value it, without the snarky remarks.