In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Herters O/U 12 gauge, WHO made it?

GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,762 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
I was in a gunshop I go to once in a while and they had a Herters 12 G. O/U single trigger/ auto ejectors/ Looked like a
Winchester 101 or a Browning Citori. Was marked made in Japan and built like a tank. Price was to high,,??650. but that kind of stuff intrigues(sp) me. Any idea who made it...Nikko/ Miroku? Thanks...nambu

Comments

• Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nambu, not a lot of those floating around!
    NRS Fuji in Japan should be on the barrels somewhere. Nihon Ryojyu Co. changed their name to Fuji Ltd., then disappeared. Howa picked up their manufacture sales into the 90's. Howa made the S&W 1000 autos, before Mossberg bought the patent.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    TRAPP.......Thanks for the reply, I have seen 1000s of guns but 1rst time for that one, nambu
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TRAP55
    Nambu, not a lot of those floating around!
    NRS Fuji in Japan should be on the barrels somewhere. Nihon Ryojyu Co. changed their name to Fuji Ltd., then disappeared. Howa picked up their manufacture sales into the 90's. How made the S&W 1000 autos, before Mossberg bought the patent.

Howa,also manufactured the S&W 3000 Pump ,I own one very nice shotgun.[:)]
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    unless its beat...650 isnt high.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree, $650 for a quality 0/U is a very good price. 101's start at $1,000.
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nambu, quite a few of these Japanese made shotguns, especially Howa, copied proven designs. The S&W 1000 auto and 3000 pump are clones of the Rem 1100 and 870, and better balanced.
    I've only seen one Herters O/U in my life, and that was over 35 yrs ago! I seem to remember it was a Belgium Browning Superposed clone, and very well made. Probably why it looked like a Citori/Win 101 to you. If it's in decent shape, I'd grab it for $650!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dam-it, can't get it off my mind. THANKS FOR THE REPLIES.[:)] Its very good condition and now will go back and part with some cash[:I][:I],,,

One in 35 years,,,and I never seen one,,,hmmmm, can't be to many around..Stuff like this is my weakness, the more odd or whatever, the more I like it..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bobski
    like weird stuff huh???
    [:D]
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=111003057

I have actually owned 2 of those guns, late 80's I think. They worked fine. Fiochi made ammo for them then. Nice item there bobski .........nambu
  • Options
    edited November -1
    send us pics when you get your herters!
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.