In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SLR-95 price

riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
Is 450.00 a good price
thanks

Comments

• Options
    GUTSSGUTSS Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If your buying, $450 is a very good price, if your selling, $450 is a very bad price. A milled Bulgarian in excellent shape should bring at least $600 from what I've seen.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GUTSS
    If your buying, $450 is a very good price, if your selling, $450 is a very bad price. A milled Bulgarian in excellent shape should bring at least $600 from what I've seen.

I am buying. Are they as good as Norinco AKs
    I have a pre-ban Norinco Underfolder
    thanks
  • Options
    GUTSSGUTSS Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As far as quality goes, the Bulgarians are supposed to be as good as any. The Norincos are worth more because as I understand there are fewer available, so they command a much higher price, $1200 to $1500. I have a Bulgarian SLR-96 and its a very well built rifle. The price you can get the SLR-95 for is a great deal.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one and I would pay that in a heart beat! I have shot at least 20 different AK's and the Aresenal AK's are very good. At one point I had several and decided that the SLR-95 was the one I was going to keep. It would be a good rifle even at $600.00. The only downside (and that is arguable) is that without U.S. compliance parts the SLR-95 will have to stay with the thumbhole type sporter stock. I happen to like my stock so it isn't really an issue for me.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That at 450.00 is a steal. I had one, and am very sorry I got rid of it. Very accurate, and extremely smooth operation. I would jump all over it before the seller changes his/her mind.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sounds like I cant go wrong then.
    Thanks