In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

H&R 732

dangtdangt Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have seen H&R 929, 4 in. and 6 in. , models with flat, "slab sided", barrels that I THINK may have been from 1959-1960 era. I recently saw a copy of an H&R 732 instruction sheet with a drawing of a 4 in. model with "slab sided" barrel, not the actual gun but a drawing on the instr. sheet.

Was the 732 actually available with a 4 inch FLAT sided barrel? I'm asking in order to judge whether or not it is feasible to search for one.

Thanks,
Dan Taylor

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    H&R 732 revolver functions well for about 10 cycles, then locks up. As the cylinder cycles, it is screwing itself onto the cylinder pin until it is too tight to rotate. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    xstuntmanxstuntman Member Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, I just saw a 732 earlier tonight while browsing the HR's on GB and I believe it was a 4" barrel. Mike
  • Options
    b.goforthb.goforth Member Posts: 982
    edited November -1
    h&r first offered the flat sided barrel on the model 929 between 1956 and 1961. when the model 732 was introduced in 1958 it also had the flat sided barrel until 1961. the 929 flat barrel was offered in 2 1/2, 4 and 6 inches while the 732 was only offered with the flat barrel in 2 1/2 and 4 inch. so the answer to your question is yes the 732 was offered with a flat sided 4 inch barrel between 1958 and 1961. they will have serial number letter codes;
    1958=U
    1959=V
    1960=W
    1961=X
    found on the bottom of the butt.
    bill
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks very much Bill. And, as always, looking forward to the H&R BOOK.
    Thanks to you, too, Mike. Maybe I'll be able to get that one.

Dan Taylor