In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Accu trigger

MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know if I can install an accutrigger on my Savage model 10 .308win rifle. Its new but came without the trigger from the factory. If so, where can I find one. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MrGunz22,

Why don't you get the seller to produce a trigger? From what I understand Savage had a program when the Accu-triggers first came out that they would modify it. I don't remember what it cost but from that I understand that yes you can install an Accu-trigger without issue.
  • Options
    cwinncwinn Member Posts: 1,223 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also thought the Accu-Trigger could be installed on a non-Accu model but and not 100% sure.

For what its worth the Accu-Trigger is well worth it. After having both models I really became a believer with my latest rifle.
  • Options
    dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    Without a doubt, YES, the Accutrigger can definitely be installed on your rifle.

You will need to remove material at the rear of the action opening i the stock to allow room for the sear/trigger. Also will need to buy a different trigger guard or enlarge the opening in your current trigger guard, as the trigger shoe on the accutrigger is wider than your standard trigger. If you trigger guard is plastic, it is very easy to do.