In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

YUGOSLAVIAN AK-47

cb10536cb10536 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
I'M A NEW AK OWNER. THE GUN I HAVE IS A YUGOLSAVIAN MADE AT THE ZASTAVA-KRAGUJEVAC FACTORY. SERIAL NUMBER AA3788, CALIBER 762X39, MOD? AUSA. IT HAS STAMP UNDER THE RECIEVER THAT SAYS ARMORY USA HOUSTON, TX. I COULD USE SOME HELP IF SOMEONE COULD TELL ME WHAT I HAVE. I'VE SEEN MK 90 AND OTHER ASSORTED MODEL NAMES FOR YUGO AK'S, BUT I CANT FIND ANYTHING STAMPED ANYWHERE ON THIS GUN OTHER THAN WHAT I HAVE MENTIONED.I'M CURIOUS ABOUT THE AGE OF THE GUN, IS THE FACTORY THAT MADE IT STILL IN OPERATION,DID THIS GUN EVER SEE MILITARY ACTION???????????CAN ANYONE HELP - THANKS IN ADVANCE. AN EMAIL WOULD BE OK AS WELL IF ANY EXPLANATIONS GET TOO LONG OR NEED FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS

Comments

• Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    gun is newly put together from disassembled yugo ak parts the there are a bunch of makers for the recievers like the one you have the other best reciver is the one from DCI/nodak that were made in to yugo AK ..there are no more parts in bulk to make rifles
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I HAVE TAKEN THE GUN APART AND SO FAR, EVERYTHING IN THE GUN HAS THE SAME SERIAL NUMBER STAMPED ON EACH OF THE PIECES. I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT I HAD AN ORIGINAL YUGO AK, AND NOT A BUNCH OF PIECES.
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    Probably never saw military action. Proably not military as it is not full auto capable.

Probably a rebuild on a parts kit. For it to be importable, and all Yugo, it would have to be well over 20 years old. I doubt that it is.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only original Yugo AK's, were imported in very small numbers in the late 80's/early 90's, by Mitchell Arms, prior to Bush senior banning the importation of them. The recently made parts guns assembled in the U.S., have a U.S. made receiver. If it's not marked Mitchell Arms, it a recent after market parts gun.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK, I'LL APOLOGIZE UP FRONT FOR MY IGNORANCE OF THE PROCEDURE THAT WAS DONE DURING THE BUSH SENIOR ADMINISTRATION REGARDING THE IMPORTATION OF AK-47'S BECAUSE I'VE NEVER OWNED OR KNEW OF THE REGULTIONS REGARDING THE IMPORTATION OF THESE TYPE FIREARMS.(NOT BEING A JERK) WHEN WERE THE IMPORTATION REGULATIONS EFFECTED AND WHAT WERE THE RULES FOR THE IMPORTATION OF WEAPONS INTO THE US?HOW DOES ONE MAKE DETERMINTATION THAT THE YUGO AK THAT I OWN IS, OR IS NOT, PIECES PUT TOGETHER IN THE US TO MAKE LEGAL FOR IMPORT? WHAT IS THE IMPORTATION PROCEDURE THAT GOT THIS WEAPON TO THE US? I BOUGHT THIS GUN FROM A FELLA THAT HAS AN EXTENSIVE COVERT MILITARY BACKGROUND, AND I PRESUMED THAT THE GUN WAS PERHAPS OBTAINED BY HIM THROUGH MILITARY CIRCLES AS OPPOSED TO THE TRADITIONAL ROUTING OF IMPORT WEAPONS. I AM SURE IT IS NOT HOT, IT IS NOT FULL AUTO, AND I HAVE NO INTEREST IN THE WEAPON BEING AS SUCH
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cb10536
    OK, I'LL APOLOGIZE UP FRONT FOR MY IGNORANCE OF THE PROCEDURE THAT WAS DONE DURING THE BUSH SENIOR ADMINISTRATION REGARDING THE IMPORTATION OF AK-47'S BECAUSE I'VE NEVER OWNED OR KNEW OF THE REGULTIONS REGARDING THE IMPORTATION OF THESE TYPE FIREARMS.(NOT BEING A JERK) WHEN WERE THE IMPORTATION REGULATIONS EFFECTED AND WHAT WERE THE RULES FOR THE IMPORTATION OF WEAPONS INTO THE US?HOW DOES ONE MAKE DETERMINTATION THAT THE YUGO AK THAT I OWN IS, OR IS NOT, PIECES PUT TOGETHER IN THE US TO MAKE LEGAL FOR IMPORT? WHAT IS THE IMPORTATION PROCEDURE THAT GOT THIS WEAPON TO THE US? I BOUGHT THIS GUN FROM A FELLA THAT HAS AN EXTENSIVE COVERT MILITARY BACKGROUND, AND I PRESUMED THAT THE GUN WAS PERHAPS OBTAINED BY HIM THROUGH MILITARY CIRCLES AS OPPOSED TO THE TRADITIONAL ROUTING OF IMPORT WEAPONS. I AM SURE IT IS NOT HOT, IT IS NOT FULL AUTO, AND I HAVE NO INTEREST IN THE WEAPON BEING AS SUCH

Go to this site, http://www.ak-47.net/ read all the pertinent information. If the guy who sold it to you didn't make any claims that it was one of the original Yugo imports from the late 80's, I don't see you have any right, to bellyache about it. Your know the old story , buyer beware.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OH, I CERTAINELY HAVE NO BELLYACHES ABOUT THE GUN.IT IS BEAUTIFUL, AND IT IS A GUN I HAVE WANTED. I HAVE JUST BEEN CURIOUS ABOUT THE HISTORY OF IT, AND IF IT HAPPENED TO BE A REAL YUGO.IF NOT, NO BIG DEAL. I APPRECIATE THE INFO, AND ANY ADDITIONAL INFO THAT ANYONE ELSE MAY HAVE.
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    The regulations pretty much cut off all importation of "assault rifles" from foreign nations. About the only guns that are still imported that can be called AK47 guns are the Romanian ones. But they are low capacity only guns that are then rebuilt with key US made parts, and then modified to take regular AK mags instead of the 10round ones.

To get around the importation laws of Bush Sr., you have to meet the 922r regulations for a US made weapon by installing a certain number of key parts.

Yugo type AK47 guns are really nice firearms. However, they do not have chrome lined barrels like other AK guns, and they have some Yugo specific parts like hand guards.
  • Options
    1022man1022man Member Posts: 512 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The gun you have was assembled here in the USA on an american reciever with a Yugo parts kit. The "ARMORY USA HOUSTON, TX" you see is the reciever manufacture/could be the reassembler, one of the best in my mind. There are other american parts in the gun, most likely like the gas piston, grip, and other smalls. That being said does not mean it is a piece of junk it is still a great rifle.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    if it says armoury USA then it is a recent assembled rifle on an all matched parts kit..that is very good..you can't find them much anymore search the auction for yugo AK