In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1911 longslide .45

Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
What companies currently manufacture a Longslide .45? I know of a couple(Para-Ordnance, Springfield). Anybody else?

Jon

Comments

• Options
    catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    Rock Island is making a 6 inch barrel 1911 with an adjustable rear sight now.

Edit: I don't know anything about it, I just saw it in the new Centerfire System catalog. They have it priced at $699.

This is what they have to say about it. http://www.centerfiresystems.com/AC-RI1911MATCH.aspx

Edit: High Standard also has a 6 inch. They call it the Supermatic Trophy Match.

http://www.highstandard.com/m1911.html
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Rock Island is making a 6 inch barrel 1911 with an adjustable rear sight now.

Sounds a little more affordable then the two I have mentioned.[;)] You know where I could find some information that?

Jon
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AMT made a 7" longslide. There were some rumors that after CZ bought out Dan Wesson that they were going to produce one like it. I'm still waiting.[:(]
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    Fusion makes a 6" in 10mm, maybe (I'd think) in .45 too.
    Fusion is a pretty new Co. started by Robert Serva...who left as CEO of Dan Wesson; Dan Wesson was bought by CZ USA.

A master pistol smith should build whatever you want.

I have not known anyone who has owned a Fusion Firearm, so I have no knowledge of how "good" they are, Ive not heard any knocks on any, and they are American made.

I handle my Colt's, shoot some, and I get hungry for a cheesburger or a steak.

I just get close to a Philippine made Rock Island at a Gun Show and I want some chocolate rice pudding and fish for breakfast...[;)]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello let me say this is NOT an answer to your question but rather something you may want to consider. Years ago the long barrel 1911 was very popular with the Target shooters . Bomar even made a rib with an extended front sight that fit on a standard slide. There were 2 reasons for this popularity. BUT these 2 reasons mostly pertained to BULLS-EYE shooters #1 longer sight radius "this reason has been overtaken by mounting a RED DOT sight on the pistol " #2 more weight "this has also been taken over by the Red Dot" . Now for my opinion I Know Every One Has One. It will be very hard to find a holster if you want to carry this pistol. The longer sight radius will ONLY help if you have a VERY STEADY hold most people DON'T. The accuracy of a 6 inch barrel is no better then a 5 inch but rather in the barrel it self and how it is installed "FITTED" in the pistol. This has been proven time and again in RANSOM REST testing.I strongly suggest you look at the pro's and con's for your intended use before buying your pistol.