In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Para Ordnance 16 .40 Caliber to 10MM

WerwolfWerwolf Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
From a previous post several references stating that the Para Ordnance 16 .40 Caliber can be converted to 10mm and that the Para Ordnance 16 .40 Caliber started out as a 10mm and the magazines are actually 10mm as well; if so then is it necessary to have custom work done or should I be able to simply change the Para .40 Caliber barrel to say a Jarvis 10mm barrel, or is there fitting and such that would need to be performed?
Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can purchase a prefit barrel from some sources. If you purchase a standard barrel it will need to be fitted along with a bushing. If you get a prefit barrel it will be virtually drop in with the bushing fitted. Some small amount of adjustment may be needed. Make sure when you order that you get the Para/Clark ramped barrel it is different from a standard 1911 barrel (Wilson/Nowlin cut). The barrel assembly is all you need to change.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do you know if Jarvis might have a prefit dropin 10mm barrel?

Or any other suggestions of a prefit dropin 10mm barrel?

Jarvis doesnt seem to have an email address available which is strange; does anyone know what their email address might be, going on the probability that they actually have one?

Thank you.
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have to call Jarvis on the phone and they can be a bit hard to make contact.
    Also check KKM

CP
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I finally got through to Jarvis, but he said that they dont have any .40 caliber barrels with Para Ordnance ramps and dont expect to get any in the near future; although I think I am just going to get the .40 caliber barrel rechamberred to 10mm since its already a Para Ordnance Barrel and same diameter.
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rechambering makes a lot of sense.

CP
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hunter will rechamber it for you and they do this quite a bit. I left the info on your last post. You might try Clark. They were making them in a drop in fit last time I checked with them.
  • Options
    jthoresenjthoresen Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BlackWolf, let us know how your conversion turns out.

I've contacted Para Ordnance in the past to ask them if they have plans to release a 10mm model.

Here's what they said.

At this time we don't have plans to release a 10mm. Our sales are up over 20% and releasing a 10mm model would only create a few additional sales that we deem is not worth our time.

(Joking about the sales part)
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would be very cautious about converting something that does not have a supported chamber to 10MM. A 10MM, when loaded to its FULL potential is a lot more than a 40 S&W ever thought of being.

I asked this question of the fella's over at Wilson Combat about adding another slide assembly to my Wilson Protector 45 ACP, ion 10 MM, and they said I would need another frame, that supports the chamber.

Best.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There was a statement from my previous post that was made concerning that the Para Ordnance 16 .40 Caliber started out as a 10mm initially and then was changed to .40 Caliber, so if that is correct then it should be okay, but I will look more into this just to be sure before anything is done.
  • Options
    jthoresenjthoresen Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BlackWolf, I came across this, thought you might be interested.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=111639771