In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Eaa vs Uberti vs Ruger

tone59tone59 Member Posts: 673 ✭✭
edited February 2012 in Ask the Experts
I am looking for comparison comments about these 3 SA guns in 45LC:
EAA Bounty Hunter.
Uberti 1873 Cattleman.
Ruger Vaquero.
For what a Colt or USFA cowboy gun would cost there are DA S&W and Colt revolvers Id rather purchase.
The Uberti and Ruger point and feel fine to me.I have not seen the Eaa up close yet.
Do any of the 3 have the 4-clicks?
Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tone59
    I am looking for comparison comments about these 3 SA guns in 45LC:
    EAA Bounty Hunter.
    Uberti 1873 Cattleman.
    Ruger Vaquero.
    For what a Colt or USFA cowboy gun would cost there are DA S&W and Colt revolvers Id rather purchase.
    The Uberti and Ruger point and feel fine to me.I have not seen the Eaa up close yet.
    Do any of the 3 have the 4-clicks?
    Thank you.

All are good. I use EAA, Uberti, and LLipietta, (don't own the Ruger) in Cowboy Fast Draw Association competitions. The Uberti and Llipietta both have exposed firing pins, like a Colt, and both have the 4 clicks. The EAA has only three clicks and has a flat faced hammer with rising hammer block like a Ruger. All are good quality. I find the EAA has a slightly elongated trigger guard, letting my finger drop in on the trigger just a little faster. The EAA also seems to have a slightly slicker smoother and faster sensation during cocking. The only warning I might offer is that while the EAA is fine for normal shooting, I find them a teeny bit more fragile during the stresses of fast draw. I have had to replace the rising hammer block once due to sheering off the bottom link once after about 6 months of intense practicing and competing. Since the Uberti and the Llipietta do hot have this part, that makes them a tad more robust, in my opinion. I'd say to try them all out at cowboy club meeting and go with the one "feels" right in your hand. Visually, they are pretty much identical, so you will just have to go with feel. Any of them will give you good service and will be less expensive than a Colt. [:)]
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,126 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't Uberti make guns for EAA, Cimarron and few other cowboy guns?
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure if Uberti makes any for EAA. I do know the EAA Bounty Hunter that I have is stamped with a German manufacturer's name, "Weihrauch". [:)]