In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shattuck sxs

rlamk4rlamk4 Member Posts: 128 ✭✭
edited March 2012 in Ask the Experts
O.K. Whats the trick for removing the forearm ofF a sxs Shattuck shotgun. Thanks Andy.

Comments

• Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Puah the button on the forestock end...
  • Options
    rlamk4rlamk4 Member Posts: 128 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No button on end of forearm on this gun. Latch on bottom of receiver. If I push this latch in the gun will break open as if I am using the opening lever?
  • Options
    HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you tried just pulling the front of the forearm down and away from the barrels, while the action is closed ?.. Might just be a typical snap-on/off hanger like Stevens, or Iver Johnson..
  • Options
    hrfhrf Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it's the model with end of forend beveled outward to provide a finger grip, it should come off as Hangfire says.
  • Options
    RadarRadar Member Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup it just pry's down and pop's off. Dont hear much about Shattuck doubles.
  • Options
    pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe the internal hammers also have to be discharged then the forarm snaps off by pulling down slightly on front then you push the action release button on bottom of reciever to release barrels, I'll check mine to be sure.
    Shattuck was bought out by mossberg back in the day, mine still works good but I don't shoot it anymore just a collection piece.
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • Options
    hrfhrf Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pip5255
    I believe the internal hammers also have to be discharged then the forarm snaps off by pulling down slightly on front then you push the action release button on bottom of reciever to release barrels, I'll check mine to be sure.
    Shattuck was bought out by mossberg back in the day, mine still works good but I don't shoot it anymore just a collection piece.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=553306