In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

mossberg 183d-d 410 pricing

0oAKo47o00oAKo47o0 Member Posts: 409 ✭✭
edited December 2014 in Ask the Experts
mossberg 183d-d 410 bolt action shotgun. was told it was built in the mid fifties. Condition great. 90% finish, one small ding in the buttstock

Comments

• Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    In my experience the $160. price auction that sold is a general example of current value in VG or better condition.
    Bolt action shotguns are a bit obsolete these days. Except as trainers for young shooters. And ones in .410 are the most popular.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FWIW, the 183D (d) was made 1956-1960. The Mossberg bolt action shotguns are not avidly sought by collectors, except for a few of us diehard Mossbergaholics. Nonetheless, they were durable, reliable, and shot well. They were the guns of the new shooter, the farmer, mechanic, storekeeper. They were not expensive guns either then or now- but the doves, deer and quail never complained that they had been shot with an inexpensive gun.
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    Everyone I see auction seems to go higher than the last. I have been looking for one for some time. Just never seem to pull the trigger on one.
  • Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First real gun I owned all on my own. Nine years old and Mom let me buy it with my hard earned strawberry picking money at an estate sale...$25 as I recall. A different time in sooooo many ways! That price is about right. These creep up incrementally over the years because of imbeciles like me who sold their first gun and want to rumble back down memory lane in our silver/golden years. Well made, inexpensive and handy for a BA. Countless birds rabbits and squirrels fell to mine, and the first deer I ever took was with the poly choke cranked off and a "3 ".410 slug. Never going to be worth,a ton of money, but how many of us fired or owned one as our first entre into the gun world? Makes it near priceless in my aging eyes.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    the 3" works good with the buckshot loads
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    I picked this Western Field M150C (same thing) at a flea market last summer for $120. But it had a cracked/repaired stock. Got lucky and when I got home found a good replacement online for $25.
    IMAG0378_zps0a9669da.jpg