In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Excelsior 88 Super 12 GA Double

ensign1262ensign1262 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited December 2014 in Ask the Experts
Hi
I need help reassembling the receiver to the stock. I originally brought it to my local gun shop and they had there gun smith take it apart. I refinished the stock with a new recoil pad and want to put it back together. I could take it back the gun smith but I want to know how to do it for the future.
Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Richard
rgianatasio@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Basket cases are harder to learn with. Start with a good set of proper screwdrivers or a handle with lots of quality bits and a set of punches.

google has squat for schematics. https://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=256164

So you need to post good pic of the action, parts and stock. Could be like side locks set in each side of the stock, could be the stock fits on tang with 1 simple draw bolt under the butt plate.

You should consider paying to have it assembled by the guy that took it apart. After verifying it works correctly, you could then take it apart while taking pic's and notes on how to put it back together.

Sometimes taking things apart is easy, putting them back together not so much. Slave pins, a third hand to hold stuff, or some special tool/technique are often required for successful work.

A clean room with a bare floor, makes it a lot easier to find spring loaded flying parts.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by charliemeyer007
    Basket cases are harder to learn with. Start with a good set of proper screwdrivers or a handle with lots of quality bits and a set of punches.

google has squat for schematics. https://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=256164

So you need to post good pic of the action, parts and stock. Could be like side locks set in each side of the stock, could be the stock fits on tang with 1 simple draw bolt under the butt plate.

You should consider paying to have it assembled by the guy that took it apart. After verifying it works correctly, you could then take it apart while taking pic's and notes on how to put it back together.

Sometimes taking things apart is easy, putting them back together not so much. Slave pins, a third hand to hold stuff, or some special tool/technique are often required for successful work.

A clean room with a bare floor, makes it a lot easier to find spring loaded flying parts.

Wisdom for the age's. Been their, done that.[:D]
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You could also look on youtube for vid's on shotguns of similar constructions to get some ideas of how yours works.

Added: you need to post your pic's at an online place host like photobucket. Trust me, get a junk mail address first. Then you can follow the posting sticky at the top link here. http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294
  • Options
    ensign1262ensign1262 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by charliemeyer007