In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

removing bolt on older 22 rifle

fmclwcfmclwc Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
How do I remove the bolt on an older 22 (long)

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Knowing the brand name, and the model of the rifle, would probably help. Since there are different procedures for different rifles.

This works of quite a few of them though. Make SURE it's empty, and pull the trigger. The bolt comes right out the back.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello we will need to know what brand and model rifle you have before we can tell you. But most early rifle IF YOU hold the trigger back and pull the bolt back at the same time it will release the bolt to slide completely out.
  • Options
    jbw1776jbw1776 Member Posts: 3,056
    edited November -1
    If that doesn't do it, try this (if it happens to be this type): Remove the takedown screw, big screw/nut under the bottom of the stock and remove the barrel/receiver from the stock, pull down on the trigger and slide bolt out. I had one that was removed this way but most were like pickenup said, by simply pulling the trigger and sliding the bolt out.

ben
  • Options
    surbat6surbat6 Member Posts: 485 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw one (I disremember the make) that required pushing the trigger FRONT to remove the bolt.