In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Which barrel to buy???

yearofspideryearofspider Member Posts: 1,657 ✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
I have a Glock 20 10mm and I'm looking to get an after market 357 Sig barrel for it and need opinions. Here are my options: EFK Fire Dragon 5" ported or KKM 6" match. Which would be the better choice. Price does not matter. I'm looking for better overall accuracy with factory ammo. Felt recoil and muzzle flip is not a concern. Any and all input is greatly appreciated.[:)]

Comments

• Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I have a ported 357 sig Fire Dragon barrel for my Glock 22 and it works well. It droped in without any problems. I was shooting it last week. I bought it before Glock started making 357 sig guns.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had ( 2 ) of the Korean made .357 Sig barrels, for my G 20. Federal out of MN, was importing and selling them. Sent them back to the dealer, I had ordered them from. Both had headspace problems. When certain factory ammo was fired in them, the brass showed incipient failure ( stretch ) marks. I'm not familiar with the barrels you referenced, but if you intend to reload make sure their are no headspace problems.
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea, alot of people think that for the most part the barrels with just drop in. The .357sig is not like typical straight necked pistol cartridges, its headspace has to be checked because its a bottle-necked cartridge.

Not only that but just in general, I'd much rather have a product that has to be fitted to assure tighter tolerances, especially in a barrel.
  • Options
    yearofspideryearofspider Member Posts: 1,657 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    I had ( 2 ) of the Korean made .357 Sig barrels, for my G 20. Federal out of MN, was importing and selling them. Sent them back to the dealer, I had ordered them from. Both had headspace problems. When certain factory ammo was fired in them, the brass showed incipient failure ( stretch ) marks. I'm not familiar with the barrels you referenced, but if you intend to reload make sure their are no headspace problems.

I will make a note of that with whatever barrel I end up getting. Thanks!!