In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

22 single shot rifle

btcjeffbtcjeff Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
I have a J. Stevens Arms Co. 22 single shot 22 and I cant find a modle number anywhere on it. I need to find a new or used stock for it, can any one help.
Thanks Jeff

Comments

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does it have a scope base mounted on it?
    If so, look under the base.
  • Options
    btcjeffbtcjeff Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Does it have a scope base mounted on it?
    If so, look under the base.

It does not have a scope
  • Options
    vdms55vdms55 Member Posts: 297 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hi buddy,
    try american stock co. ( or might be american rifle stock co.) you can find it on the internet and get a phone number from their web site. if bill can't help you out you may have to fast and pray. just thought i'd throw that in cause it's sunday.
  • Options
    surbat6surbat6 Member Posts: 485 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might consider posting a photo to supplement the description of the rifle. Does the rifle have ANY legible markings?
  • Options
    D.S.COLED.S.COLE Member Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gun Parts Corp. / Numrich Arms has stocks for a lot of the old Savage-Stevens guns.
    Try them by phone or website.
    located in West Hurley ,NY
  • Options
    surbat6surbat6 Member Posts: 485 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To find the right stock, Numrich will need more info than you provided here. You might consider ordering their catalog and comparing the parts drawings with your rifle.
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    If you can't post a pic, I'd suggest buying a "Gun traders guide" at Wal Mart (in my local store it's found in the sporting goods dept) for about $15. It has pics of nearly all the old Stevens models.
    Or keep an eye on the auction listings (w/pics) here. Eventually one will show up.
    You really need to know the model number to buy a stock. STevens made ALOT of different models.
  • Options
    spr1946spr1946 Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    STEVENS SINGLE SHOT.... Bolt action, Falling block, Tip up, Side swing??? Any markings or dates. On barrel or Under a tang sight?