In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Concealed carry of a Glock 19 ?

kyteachkyteach Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone have experience with, or recommendations , concerning concealed carry of a Glock 19?

Comments

• Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have carried a Glock 19 for years. I use a Blade-Tech inside the pants holster in the small of my back. It works great. I usually carry a Kimber pro CDP in the winter and the Glock in the summer. When I carry and extra mag I carry a G17 mag with the plus 2 ext. The Blade-Tech holsters are kydex molded to fit your specific gun and are open topped for easy access. They retain the gun by the use of two tension screws that work well. This allows easy reholstering which I think is overlooked by many people when they choose a holster.
  • Options
    mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The problem of an inside the pants holster is one's personal anatomy. They work fine if you are slim enough and your pants are wide enough to accommodate the extra inch or so needed to hide the gun's width. Not so good if you have love handles or like tight clothing. A Glock in a slim slide belt holster works just fine under a tennis shirt. Chances are you will need to try both kinds of holsters to see what works best for you. A 19 is a near perfect carry gun so you have a great start.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I carry my Glock 19 in a Fobus left hand kydex holster. I can put it on and remove without removing my belt. It has the paddle design that snaps on and off easily.

It fits snug to my body so I can wear it under a loose shirt or jacket.
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    I have carried a G17 for almost 10 years now. I either use a simple leather IWB that I carry in the SOB, or a the leather that covers the action and has a thumb break on my stong side. I usualy use the strong side when it is cooler and I have a jacket on. I am the right size that I can conceal my SOB in a T shirt pretty easy.
  • Options
    brerhunterbrerhunter Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Carried one until I opted for a glock 27. Just my taste both carry well one is just easier to hide.
  • Options
    abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello,
    I carried a Glock 19 till I swithed to a model 23 (40 cal.), No problems , I do like Glocks ....But I 'carry' a keltec 40 cal. "off-duty"......
    Thanks !!!
    d.a.stearns
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Niota , Tn
  • Options
    Beretta 92Beretta 92 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I carry a Glock 32 (exact same size as your 19) in a Safariland 518 paddle holster. It rides high and close to the body. I've never had any problems. Sometimes they are hard to find, I usually order mine from copsplus.com.
  • Options
    sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    I have a Glock 17 and the 32. I carry them in the Forbus paddle holster or a Galco Concealable. The concealable holds the gun in tight and hides it much better but for woods carry the forbus is best for a rainy enviorment.
  • Options
    GUNFUNCOGUNFUNCO Member Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depending on your needs, you could also carry chamber empty and just stuck in your pants, crossdraw style. Kinda dangerous with a loaded chamber. I have used this in the past figuring if I kept it hidden, I would draw and chamber when I had the best chance of doing it undetected.
  • Options
    CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great choice for a CC gun but I like the 26 & 27 I carry both at the same time.

PJ