In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Seville Handguns

moneytomemoneytome Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
edited August 2007 in Ask the Experts
I have two Seville Silhouette revolvers,a .41mag,10 1/2" barrel in blue and a .357maximum 10 1/2" in SS. marked United Sporting Arms Inc., Tucson AZ. Can't find any reference in Blue Book or online, want to know value and reference info

Jack Park

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know if this is correct or not, as it happened years ago? BUT, believe the company (U.S. Arms Co.) who made your Seville's started out in business in New York State approximately mid 1970's, making single action revolvers under the Abilene name. Apparently they ran afoul of Bill Ruger, because they were using his transfer bar system in their revolvers. He sued the s**t out of them, and won.
    They subsequently moved to Tucson (United Sportings Arms, Inc) and started making single actions under the Seville name. Didn't work out, as they went belly up in the mid 80's.
  • RBlack1969RBlack1969 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    RBlack,

You may not make offers to buy or sell on the GB Forums. If you want to contact the original poster, use their e-mail contact in their profile.

Thank you!
  • Old FoolOld Fool Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RBlack

What in the world are you talking about?? There was no offer to buy or sell in this thread. Please read the posts before making silly comments and using up other's posts.
  • jbw1776jbw1776 Member Posts: 3,056
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old Fool
    RBlack

What in the world are you talking about?? There was no offer to buy or sell in this thread. Please read the posts before making silly comments and using up other's posts.

His post was edited by nononsense. He probably made an offer here and nn changed his post to what you see.

Ben
  • TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sevilles are great handguns. I love both of mine. Go to this link for some history and information:

:www.singleactions.com/Seville.pdf

In excellent condition, I feel Sevilles are worth between $500- $800.
  • usarmscollectorusarmscollector Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    rufe-snow,

If you go to www.singleactions.com and look up Seville under United Sporting Arms you will be able to read a lot about their history.