In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

MOUNTING EXTERNALLY ADJUSTED SCOPE

4590sharps4590sharps Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited August 2007 in Ask the Experts
I've come into possession of an older scope which has no internal adjustments. I like using the older stuff and so I'd like to mount this scope on one or the other of a couple older rifles I own. Trouble is I've not been able to locate rings and/or bases that have the external adjustments. I'm assuming the adjustment would have to be made via the bases. I've used the regular turn in bases with the lateral adjustment screws but do they still make bases that offer the vertical adjustment as well or will I just have to shim to get it where it needs to be? I'll be mounting on either a Savage 99 or a Rem. modl 721 if that helps, although I assume the method would be the same for either. Hope some of you can remember how this was accomplished or can steer me to a supplier. I've checked the regulars but maybe I don't know what to search for.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call the customer service folks at www.brownells.com
  • Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bausch and Lomb made scope mounts with the adjustments in the mount. Buehler also made mounts with windage and elevation adjustments. Neither of these are now in production but they show up on the auctions and at gun shows. Finding one with a base for your rifle may be a challenge but they are out there.