In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AR-15's in 9mm

formerlywrongformerlywrong Member Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
edited August 2007 in Ask the Experts
Does the mag. well insert in Colt mfg. have the tunnel for the mag in it's CENTER, or is it forward-located to get mag. close to chamber? Other makers seem to be the latter. If it's centered, does chamber end of barrel protrude further into upper receiver than a .223 model?

Is 9mm recoil operated, no gas involved?

Do you feel a Colt 9mm AR is really inferior to an H-K 94? Not asking to help buying decision, just would like to know.

Thanks much!

Comments

• Options
    Mr. GunzMr. Gunz Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Yes the mag well inserts go in front and back. The chamber end of the barrel is longer. The 9mm is stright blow back. The one I have feeds everything I've put through it. It's just as much fun as a HK or my UZI to play with. When Colt first came out with the 9mm they were all full auto. They sent Hackathorn one for T&E, we shoot the H**l out of it and it worked good for a preproduction gun.
  • Options
    formerlywrongformerlywrong Member Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcs shooters
    Yes the mag well inserts go in front and back. The chamber end of the barrel is longer. The 9mm is stright blow back. The one I have feeds everything I've put through it. It's just as much fun as a HK or my UZI to play with. When Colt first came out with the 9mm they were all full auto. They sent Hackathorn one for T&E, we shoot the H**l out of it and it worked good for a preproduction gun.

Thank you guys! What you say then, means that other mfrs.- I saw a pic last night, but forget make, it had the mag inserted in the lower, but it was all the way forward in the ".223 size" well. This would mean their barrel would be shorter than Colt's, the bolt carriers would be of different length, assuming the lower is .223 gov't spec. So, no interchangeability of parts. If a guy bought an "off brand" he might have a product with no chance of parts replacement, if the company evaporated quickly, like Spitfire Mfg.