In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

quick detach rings for Ruger No. 1 rifles

jhebisonjhebison Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
edited August 2007 in Ask the Experts
I have searched for quick detach rings for the Ruger No. 1 rifles for sometime without success. I also called Ruger and they don't know of anyone making such rings. Thought I would try here. Appreciate any help.
For some such a "need" might seem ludicrous. But I am not one to leave out the possiblity that I might fall and drop my rifle down some hill and damage the scope. I would be taking my Ruger hunting while intending on having to take a long shot. Which means my fall might not scar off my prey. I could always take more than one rifle on a hunt, but I would not be carrying an extra gun while I am out hunting and could be a far piece from camp when I fell.
Thanks.
James

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Contact www.brownells.com
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    First off, welcome to the forum. It is nice to have you on board.

I might suggest a little experimentation if you could. I am not sure what model #1 you are shooting, with or without open sights. In that matter, if you drop your rifle, who is to say you might not have bumped the open's off too. For the experiment, take the rifle, and sight it in, then remove the scope by loosening the rings from the rifle, and take off scope,with the rings still attached. Next, put back on the scope, and recheck the zero, to see if, and how much the point of impact has mooved. Do this a couple times. Those Ruger rings can be removed with a quarter, or should be able to. If there is not a significant point of impact change, which I am suspecting there will not be, it could be considered to get a second pair of rings, and a second scope, and have it also pre sighted in, and carry it with you, protected in your hunting pack...tape a quarter to it some place.

I have seen no specific QD rings as of yet for the Ruger mounting system, but have seen base adaptors that attatch a WEAVER style base to the Ruger integral base. I am sure this would work, but it is going to change your scope mount dynamics some, as the scope will definately be higher. Leupold does make QD rings for a weaver style base.

These are just a couple idea's for thought.