In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock bbl conversion, ? spring damage

glockmattglockmatt Member Posts: 129 ✭✭
edited August 2007 in Ask the Experts
I bought a bbl conversion for my G23. An EFK Firedragon, stainless NM .357 Sig from .40 S&W. Functioned well with FMJ, jammed with Gold Dots. Good lock up and very accurate. My original G23 had approx. 2500 rounds thru it without any spring replacement. After 250 rds. of .357 my slide stop spring failed and my slide slid off the frame. I subsequently replaced all springs. No new problems. Is it true that the G23 and G32 frames are the same? How much extra wear and tear does the increased pressure of a .357 Sig do to a Glock frame? Is the spring failure a fluke or maybe related to the increased pressure?

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    40 S&W is a high pressure round. Your recoil spring was probably quite weak after 2500 rds. The 357 Sig is worse, and if you shoot it a lot you are going to have to change springs quite often. Lay in a stock of them.
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I bought a 357 SIG Firedragon barrel several years ago at a gunshow for my Glock 22 and they sold me a stronger recoil spring to go with it. It has worked fine. You might want to get a ISMI 22# spring for it. I like ISMI springs and they are about the same price as the factory Glock springs. I think they last longer.
  • Options
    glockmattglockmatt Member Posts: 129 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If possible I would like to stick with OEM for springs. Are the recoil springs the same for the G23 and G32? They are quite inexpensive. If they are of different strengths,I can change springs when changing bbls