In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What do I have? ( Swedish 38?)

ap3572001ap3572001 Member Posts: 441 ✭✭
edited August 2007 in Ask the Experts
I have a 1911 Gustaff mauser . Straight handle, 23-24" barrel. Rear sights have a disk. Threaded barrel with a cover. Import markings on teh side of the barrel. A disk in the stock. All but the barrel band numbers match. What do I have? Value? Thank You .

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    96 or a 96-38, Go here to sort it out: http://www.rebooty.com/~dutchman/

The "cover" on the barrel is a shredder for breaking up the wooden bullets used in training.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It seems to be a rework of the Model 1896 infantry rifle, known as the Model 1938 ( B ) short rifle. I believe the bolt handle on these, were bent down rather then straight though?

As the barrel is threaded for the blank firing device, it might be a post W W II rework gun, that they didn't bother to bend the bolt on?

You might consider posting quality photos to help our appraisal of value. The Swedes are common on the on-line auctions. You probably could get a reasonable ball-park for yours, from the prices realized on the ones sold on the auctions.