In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NAA revolver problem

RobinRobin Member Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2007 in Ask the Experts
A friend brought a .22 magnum NAA 5 shot revolver over this past week-end. She is a law enforcement officer and bought a used mini revolver for personal use and back up. The revolver looked almost new but the cylinder would not turn after firing the first 5 rounds. I took the cylinder out and cleaned everything with an air compressor. Still it did not work. With the cylinder removed, the action is smooth. I think something is wrong internally. Is this something that should be sent back to NAA or can most gunsmiths work on these? Also I noticed that the sight was not centered on the barrel and it seemed to be canted a bit. Not that a sight is that important. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    babybouncebabybounce Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would send it back to North American. The few guns that we have had to send back have been sent back to us in a very short time and have always been repaired. Go to thier Web Site and get mailing instructions. Vic
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There has been discussion on their web sight about the canted sights.
    It is not an illusion. There is some problem with the tooling they are using. Since the sight on the mini revolver is nearly useless anyway it really doesn't matter much.
    They will fix the other problem for free but you will have to pay the shipping charges. That will be far less than you would have to pay any gunsmith who probably couldn't do as good a job.