In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Yugo SKS scope and mount

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
edited August 2007 in Ask the Experts
Anybody know the best non-gunsmith scope and mount for the Yugo SKS. Looking for something quick and easy. Maybe the cheaper than dirt gas tube replacement with the built-in scope mount or one of the receiver covers with the scope rings attached (if they fit the Yugo model)

Any advice will be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The quickest would be the replacement reciever with rings. Some have scopes included.

From experiance, they do not hold zero's worth a crap. My .02
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reciever cover mount- but the key to getting one that will hold zero is SLOWLY filing one to a really SNUG fit. Not a place for a Dremel tool, but a hand file, a fine stone, and patience.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 11b6r
    Reciever cover mount- but the key to getting one that will hold zero is SLOWLY filing one to a really SNUG fit. Not a place for a Dremel tool, but a hand file, a fine stone, and patience.

That makes sense, but I wonder if the replacement receiver mounts offered on the market would even fit my Yugo SKS since often they specify "fits Russian and Chinese SKS" and don't mention the Yugo SKS?
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Check with J & G Guns in Prescott, Arizona....Thats where I bought mine....I recieved the SKS Yugo for Christmas and then Bought the Scope some months later along with the Base...and it was made for the Yugo...They have a Web Site...Give'em a Try....won't take but a minute or two...........Best.........
  • Options
    linthicumlinthicum Member Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Scoutscopes.com: Has these scope mounts that mount were your rear sight goes. You have to use a long eye relief scope. Never used one, But they look like they should keep a good zero.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Check with B-Square and see if they still make a mount for SKS'S. The one I put on mine is very solid.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks everybody. I will follow the good advice.