In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sako Finnlight Scope Bases

EDKONEDKON Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited August 2007 in Ask the Experts
A while back I purchased a used Sako rifle in 270 win, I went to buy a scope, rings and bases. The gentleman working at the gun shop sold me Leopold rings and bases. The other night I removed the scope and it appears that the receiver is machined at a slight taper where the scope bases attach and the Leopold bases appear to be straight. I really havent shot the gun much but was wondering if the setup I have is okay! Thanks

Comments

• Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    The older Sako's did take a special tapered scope mount. Not sure on the model 75 Finnlights since they started about 2001.

There are mounts made for the taper and hopefully someone will come along and remember the brand (since I do not remember). I have always used the Sako Brand mounts, but they are special and will not fit most other guns due to that taper.

Best of luck
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    George at Conetrol made them but will require the Conetrol rings.

CP
  • Options
    babybouncebabybounce Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Weaver at one time also made them tp fit the tapered slot on the Sako rifles. I know because I owned one several years ago. I dont know if they still make them but it might be worth checking out. Vic