In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

sightron 36x scope question

DokeyDokey Member Posts: 941 ✭✭✭
edited August 2007 in Ask the Experts
I'm looking at a Sightron 36 power target/benchrest scope to mount on a Anschutz 64 match .22 LR but don't know anything about them or how they compare to other comparable power scopes. I have an older japan made Tasco 36x50 world class plus that I have mounted on another 22 rifle that I like. I'm looking for what to buy without breaking the bank, so I would appreciate any info on sightron or what I could look into

Comments

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,264 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sightron scopes are very high quality. Actually made in Japan.
    I have a 3x9 on my muzzleloader, very clear, very accurate adjustments. Turn 4 clicks, move point of impact one inch.
    They have a lifetime warranty.
    A very good scope for the money.

As to the 36x specifically, I don't know anything about it.
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can not go wrong with a Sightron, excellent glass, excellent warranty (not that you will ever need warranty work), reasonable price.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A friend of mine had a lessor scope(TASCO) on his Ruger lightweight 30-06 77MKII. It went south on him, and to save his hunting for the weekend, I took the Sightron SII 3-9x40 off my Encore muzzleloader and put it on for him. I have not seen that scope returned, and have heard that possesion is 90% of the law, and not to look for it anytime soon.

The Sightrons are really good for the money. They adjust well, are very clear, and have a great warranty(but so don't Tasco).
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sightron is an excellent scope and the people there are A-1 for warranty. I had a scope that I damaged by accident (scratched lens) They made it right, even after I told them that. Crystal clear optics, holds up very well on a 300 WSM.