In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

need help with rifle for .300 rem ultra mag

millfire517millfire517 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited October 2008 in Ask the Experts
i was wandering what rifle would give me the best bang for the buck. i am wantiing to shoot .300 rem ultra mag. whatever rifle i am wanting bolt action and perferabley a muzzle brake. any input would be appreciated

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,978 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    300rumgun300rumgun Member Posts: 437 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As I have stated before. Rem 700 Police is a GREAT rifle. One downside for you is that you would have to have a brake added. Rifle would be about $900 and brake about another $200. You would have a heck of a set up.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    remington 700. If you have recoil issues, I suggets a muzzle break.
  • Options
    22hipower22hipower Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm pretty happy with my Sako 75 in 300 RUM. With a muzzlebrake and limbsaver recoil pad its about like shooting a 308 from a recoil perspective. The Sako accuracy is good too.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I concur with the above poster on the SAKO 75. Had one in 7MM Ultra. Bad part is they are few and far between. If you can find any SAKO 75 in 300 RUM, do not hesitate to snatch it up.

Other than that the Rem 700 is the best bet, and there are a few Browning A-bolts, and Winchester 70's out there in the RUM.

The Brakes make them extremely loud, and I would try just adding a LimbSaver recoil pad before adding a brake. If a brake must be added after that, then it must, but I would try to avoid it.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    My AR loves the 300RUM; I hate my AR.
    Maybe enough to post it on the auction side.
  • Options
    2BGood2BGood Member Posts: 119 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HI have a Sako 75 ss in a 300 rum.
    I must say I love that gun it shoots very well.
    I have added a brake to it and a limb saver and recoil is very manageable. I have also shot a Remington sendero in a 300 rum and it shot well. The Sako I believe has been discontinued in 300 rum.
    My thoughts are to buy a good quality rifle, the 300 rum is a hot cartridge. Remington would be a good fit I like the sendero.
  • Options
    cory136cory136 Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a bdl custom deluxe in 3oo rum no fancy recoil pad or brake love it wonderful shooter. Stick with the model 700