In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

S & W Model 63

johnmjohnm Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited January 2015 in Ask the Experts
I would like some info on the value of a S & W model 63 4" SS it is in 90 -95% condition. No marks on the cylinder .Serial # 220xxx Mod.63 no dash

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.GunBroker.com/Firearms/BI.aspx?Keywords=S+&+W+Model+63

You can do an advanced search of completed auction to see what they actually sell for.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is an early version that is "pinned, and recessed". Meaning the barrel is pinned in the frame, just under the top strap, and that the cylinder is recesses. Complete ones, that have the box and papers are selling for quite a bit North of $1000.00.

They are the golden standard of small frame, 22 LR revolvers.

Best
  • Options
    johnmjohnm Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsr1965
    That is an early version that is "pinned, and recessed". Meaning the barrel is pinned in the frame, just under the top strap, and that the cylinder is recesses. Complete ones, that have the box and papers are selling for quite a bit North of $1000.00.

They are the golden standard of small frame, 22 LR revolvers.

Best
    The one I have does not have the pinned barrel
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Should fetch 500 to 700 bucks if the right people want it. I have one, #167500, and it is pinned. It has more than 35000 rounds through it, yet is still worth twice what I paid for it ($210).