In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mannlicher Schoenauer .318 vrs .323

mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
edited October 2008 in Ask the Experts
Well I got the old girl slugged and it definitely looks like a .323 bore... the slug measured 322.4
Why in the world anyone would have 10 or more boxes of ammo from one of the custom makers (DKT) in 2002 for $50.00 a box made up in the wrong bullet size is beyond me ????????
The previous owner stated that he had shot this ammo, and there were 3 empty cases.... the rest have .318 bullets in them......
voxzpt.jpg

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Very good news as 323 bullets are MUCH easier to find and more choices of bullet weight.[:)] I suspect that before the internet and sites like Gun-Broker it was very hard to get information on European Sporting rifles. Given the two choices I think you with a 323 bore and 318 bullets would be the better then the other way around. [^] Have fun with your new toy. [:p]
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would be kind of funny if he sold the gun because accuracy wasn't quite as good as he expected.
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    It was funny, fletcher, cause when he came up this morning for the money I asked him how it shot-- he said it didn't seem to be able to group very well [:)]
    A put a little more into it than I wanted too but we are both happy with the outcome..

He brought it up so I could put the bolt back into it, he had it out and it got twisted before he could get it back together..

One of those rare deals that don't happen to me very often...
    I will use it to fill my one doe tag this year, bet on it.... after I get the correct bullets in it of course[:)]