In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Double barrels

royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
edited October 2008 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone tell me about those Chinese replica double barrels? I have seen them for 199.99 new. I know the quality can't be as good as real shotguns (Rem, Moss, Win, Beretta etc). But are they worth the price? Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I'm looking for bargins, mostly single shot breech guns. I've found thru the "school of hard knocks" that a Stevens "Dread Naught" wasn't such a great find. I've also found that a Winchester model 37 in 410 was a good find (had red letters). But I'm not so sure what names to be looking for in the older double barrels. Could aanyone maybe give me a top five or so?
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    They are shootable, but since they are repros of older designs aimed at the cowboy action crowd, I would only shoot light loads in them.

I would get the Remington spartan doubles as a better alternative.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What is the price range of the Remingtons?
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,201 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    used 250-300 nib 325-400, wether its sxs or o/u. those are just ballpark figures around here. I have a sxs in the 28ga and just love it for small game. the lock up is real tight, fit and finish is not up there with the browning or weatherbys but neither is the price. I only shoot 1-2 boxes a year so I don't know how the hold up would be in the long run but for the price I love mine.
  • Options
    kumatekumate Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those Chinese coach guns all kick the weewee outta me