In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Marbles Tang sight Savage 1899

bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
edited September 2009 in Ask the Experts
Hello everyone , is there an adjustment for windage on the Marbles Automatic Flex Joint tang sight? I have an 1899 made in 1913 that is shooting to the left about three to five inches at 100 yards. Any help appreciated...Thanks Bull...Edit...here is what I'm working with..Thanks , Bull
Thanks guys I'll figure something out..maybe a giveaway?...NOT[}:)]
tangmarbelssmall.jpg
front_integral_long.jpg

Comments

• Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    i have a peep sight that has windage adjustments on it for the sav. 99. eastbank.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you offering to sell it Eastbank or just letting us know you have one?

Dang I completely overlooked that nice photo of the non-driftable front sight, Thanks Cartod! All of my 99s have driftable front sights. Maybe you should get a Stith mount for that rifle and scope it.

quote:That photo was added later, you are not loosing your mind.

That's one opinion Cartod and I thank you for it, but the evidence is to the contrary, want to come help get this addition put on the house?[xx(][:p]
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    You are in a pickel. You dont have a front drift sight, that means that rear sight is not compatible. You can either get a tang sight that has windage adjustment or use the standard rear barrel sights. ....or aim 5" to the left.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i have had it for a long time, i don,t know who made it, it is marked on the under side sa99. i may put it up for auction. eastbank.
  • Options
    elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cartod
    You are in a pickle. You dont have a front drift sight, that means neither sight is windage adjustable. You can either get a tang sight that has windage adjustment or use the standard rear barrel sights. ....or aim 5" to the left.
    Definitely a pickle [:(], neither sight is movable, however you can bend the front sight like I use to do on fixed sight revolvers. But be vewwy, vewwy careful. Bend the sight in the direction that the bullet is hitting. Bullet hitting left, bend sight left. This is opposite of rear sight adjustment. You can always get a new sight blade if you bugger up the original. Better yet, make a blade and practice on it. [:D][:D] Eddie
  • Options
    edited November -1
    you could shim one side or the other of the peep sight, small thin shim and experament, on the right side to move bullet to left, on left side to move bullet to the right. i don,t think you will be able to get a lot of movement but maybe enought. eastbank.
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog

Dang I completely overlooked that nice photo of the non-driftable front sight, Thanks Cartod! All of my 99s have driftable front sights. Maybe you should get a Stith mount for that rifle and scope it.
    That photo was added later, you are not loosing your mind. [8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cartod
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog

That photo was added later, you are not loosing your mind. [8D]

Sorry guys I was adding photos as I got answers , didn't want to get the post locked. I guess I could use the rear sight and not the tang for now...thanks...Bull
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [/quote] Definitely a pickle [:(], neither sight is movable, however you can bend the front sight like I use to do on fixed sight revolvers. But be vewwy, vewwy careful. Bend the sight in the direction that the bullet is hitting. Bullet hitting left, bend sight left. This is opposite of rear sight adjustment. You can always get a new sight blade if you bugger up the original. Better yet, make a blade and practice on it. [:D][:D] Eddie
    [/quote]

Well I ended up bending the front sight just a little and it worked. This gun is a lot of fun to shoot..Thanks guys....Bull