In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ithaca X-15 Lightning Questions.

TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2006 in Ask the Experts
I bought one of these .22 autoloaders today. Any of you ever own one? What can I expect in terms of accuracy and reliability? It looks like a 60's gun to me. I owned an Ithaca M49R repeater lever action back in 1971. Worst gun I ever owned. I know the x-15 has to be better. Hope I didn't blow $80. I guess I'll find out Saturday when I get a chance to shoot it. Any information appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    I bought one brand new in the mid 60's. Ugly cocking bar, but what a gun! Never a jam or a misfire. This little rifle will drive tacks at 150' with iron sights.

$80.00??? That's almost what I paid new. What a bargain!
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also have had a couple of these. Mine worked fine and for 80 dollars,how could you go wrong.imo..nambu
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    I had one years ago and it shoot and functioned just fine and shot really nice groups.
    Never did have any problems other than letting it go, you did good....
  • Options
    reddnekreddnek Member Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I entered my x15 in the worst gun i ever owned thread on General Discussion . it never since new emptied a clip with out jamming my friend at the same time had Remington Nylon 66 and shot rings around me.I wouldnt give one of these house space let alone buy it.I've so blocked this gun out of my mind I cant remember what became of it I know it went as boot on some kind of trade