In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington muzzleloader

spoonbillspoonbill Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
edited July 2006 in Ask the Experts
I have found a Rem 700 muzzleloader 54cal new in box and was wondering what you think about the 54cal is this gun as accurate as a 50cal.

Comments

• Options
    spoonbillspoonbill Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you re-barrel a Reminton 700mls into another caliber?
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yes, but only for another BP caliber. The action CAN NOT be made into a center fire action.
  • Options
    swatcop33swatcop33 Member Posts: 99 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    JustC,

Does Remington still offer different barrels for the BP? I was looking at their website and all I see in the BP page is the new Genesis nothing listed anymore for the 700.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They discontinued the 700 from what I hear (you know what that's worth[:(]).

Do yourself a favor and sell it, then buy the savage 10ML. That thing will make you a beleiver.[;)][8D]

My 700 ML was very accurate, but the savage with N110 or IMR4227 has been far more accurate as well as more powerfull by a longshot. BUT, if you keep your 700ML, be sure to upgrade it to 209 primers and use the 250gr hornady XTP and I bet you it will impress you.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,264 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Do yourself a favor and sell it, then buy the savage 10ML. That thing will make you a beleiver."

What he said.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JustC
    They discontinued the 700 from what I hear (you know what that's worth[:(]).

Do yourself a favor and sell it, then buy the savage 10ML. That thing will make you a beleiver.[;)][8D]

My 700 ML was very accurate, but the savage with N110 or IMR4227 has been far more accurate as well as more powerfull by a longshot. BUT, if you keep your 700ML, be sure to upgrade it to 209 primers and use the 250gr hornady XTP and I bet you it will impress you.

The 240 XTP's are my bullet of choice in my Optima. I love them.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.