In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cobra Patriot 45

Indy7373Indy7373 Member Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2006 in Ask the Experts
What is this gun worth? Thanks.

Happiness is a warm gun.

Comments

• Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shot last fall with a young man who had just recieved his Cobra 9mm back from warranty repairs for the 3rd time and had so many problems with it that day I think he put it up for sale that afternoon. I would not recommend these guns to anyone as I have heard very little good about them over the last few years.

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
    "Power corrupts...Absolute power corrupts absolutely"(Descartes?)
    "History is written by winners"(Patton)
    "You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
    "There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)
  • Options
    Indy7373Indy7373 Member Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks.

Happiness is a warm gun.
  • Options
    fubugear224fubugear224 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello, I think the retail value is maybe $299.99. I had a Cobra Patriot 45 and I loved it. I fired over 200 rounds through it without one malfunction. I paid about $200 new and sold it later on down the road for $225.00 The only reason I ended up selling it was because it only held 6 in the clip. So I bought the Taurus 24/7 45acp that hold 12 Rounds.
    Thank You
  • Options
    fubugear224fubugear224 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello, I think the retail value is maybe $299.99. I had a Cobra Patriot 45 and I loved it. I fired over 200 rounds through it without one malfunction. I paid about $200 new and sold it later on down the road for $225.00 The only reason I ended up selling it was because it only held 6 in the clip. So I bought the Taurus 24/7 45acp that hold 12 Rounds.
    Thank You
  • Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sdpend lot's of time on various ranges and I am here to tell you darn few guns actually come apart while firing, contrary to what the media would like you to think. The one's that DO come apart in my experience are HiPoints, Jennings, Cobray's (had a recent incident near one of those very recently...never even get close to one from here on )...and the Cobra's. Similar to the story earlier, I knew a young man in Southern Wisconsin who had 2 send backs's (although he said customer service was pretty good) and would have loved to get something else, but the $225 out the door and two kids to feed said to avoid the Kimber. I was about 10 feet from him when the gun slam fired (later models supposedly had an interuptor mod to "take care of this")and sent the case fragments whizzing by my face, and the mag bounce off the shooting table and rack (sp?) him a good one (no worries on future kids, at least for a litle while I'm sure!). The gun was in about 4 component pieces (nice to see they had that auto disassembly feature!)laying here and there, and he spent a goodly deal of time on the ground, but eventually came to. One of the first things he asked (when his voice came down to an audible level for any one except dogs )wsas, "anyone wanna' buy a pistol?". Oddly, no takers. There is some possibility you could still get a decent Ballester Molina in the $300 range, or haunt the gun storers looking for a bargain priced cosmetically beat Colt or something along those lines. Any of those options on a good quality 45 would be prefferable to me as opposed to something like the 'Patriot'.
  • Options
    ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    get a witness 45 acp.they come in compact or fullsize.very well made gun for $300-$350.hope this helps don
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For what its worth, the Cobra Patriot 45 is a different design than the other "junk" Cobras that come off the tooling of the old Davis and Jennings guns.

The Patriot 45 was actually designed by an Israeli gun designer. (I think the 9mm is a copy of the Kel Tec).

Anyway, I agree with the other posters. Retail on these is around $300, and for that kind of money, there are a lot better guns out there to pick from.