In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

pocket pistol ID

hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,199 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2008 in Ask the Experts
I fellow I work with showed me a small 22 short revolver he bought 20-25 years ago for $5 at a local discount store, Harts, anyway it was made in germany and looks like the old iver johnson top break pistol, only it is not a top break. is is called purco or purgo, in a small circular insert in grip. overall it is probuly not 5-6 inches long total. any info and/or value would be appreciated. and before you ask I have no way of posting photos, don't own dgital camera. it is new in box never shot and box has original price sticker on it $5.49. thanks

Comments

• Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    probly a RG ..what do you expect for 5 bucks[B)]
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The marking is probably Burgo rather then purgo. It one of the many Trade Names used on inexpensive poor quality revolvers made by the Rohm Company in West Germany. Here is a picture of one, it is known as the Rohm Model RG-10.

11683717171.jpg
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,199 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ruff, ford thanks I'm sure thats it didn't figure it was worth much and from the looks of auction side 50-75 tops. ruff it was a P and not B I could make that out just could not tell if it was C or G in pur-o. either way not worth much more than a memory. thanks again.Will have to dash his hopes of retirement in the morning[;)]
  • Options
    BigLoop22BigLoop22 Member Posts: 620 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I give you the "puppy":

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=114279629

pix38209484.jpg

These guns have been sold under a slew of different names: "DDM"; "puppy"; "IMP"- for Imperial Metal Products; "Valor"; "Hy Hunter"- which included a model with a folding trigger; and, of course, the RG10. They are neat little guns, but they are not always very durable.
  • Options
    bang bangbang bang Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought one on GB for $30 and it was mint. I sold it at a gunshow for $70. I never had any intentions of shooting it, just a conversation piece.

I have another pistol with the Burgo name. It was my grannies nightstand gun. It is german and is decent for a kids plinker type .22. I am sure that it came from a hardware store. It is bigger and shoots 22 LR.

Rob