In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rebarreling

kumatekumate Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭
edited October 2008 in Ask the Experts
Who ,in your opinion,makes the best aftermarket centerfire rifle barrel.Have had pretty good luck with Douglas but I know there are alot of them out there.Got a project started with a M70 classic and want to chamber it in 220 Swift

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I hope this is the right forum for this question. I have a Remington action that I think I want to rebarrel to a .270 Weatherby. I am wanting to know of some "smiths" in the Wichita, Ks. area that I could contact to see what their take on this is. I do not have to send it to Wichita but also don't really want to send it a long ways away, like Oregon or New Hampshire. (nothing wrong with these states, just a long ways away)

Thanks for the feedback and let me know. mycaliz257@hotmail.com

If this is the wrong forum let me know and I will remove it.

You're a statistic whether you want to be or not.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i was wondering about re barreling and customizing a 48 yugo mauser to a .450 marlin or a .416 tyler any ideas or smiths that can do the job?? thanks
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Every one of them will make a exceptional barrel now and then, some will more often than others.... Lots better odds with a custom maker than a factory job.........
    Choose from a buttoned barrel or a cut barrel and pick a maker......
  • Options
    ern98ern98 Member Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is a tough question. Most of the better names would insist that they were. And on any given day that may well be. What I would ask you is how good of a shot are you? If you are/or want to be a world class shot then no money is too much for a barrel. But, if you are like many of us, good enough, then you might want to limit your barrel price. Personally both the Douglas and Shilen barrels I have had built shoot better then I do, so I call them good eoungh and spend the extra money on better optics or wood. Have fun with your project.....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks fellers