In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

value of colt custom combat 10 mm

tikkatikka Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited October 2008 in Ask the Experts
I would like to know the value of a colt custom combat 10.I have never seen this version of a delta elite,it is electroless nickel and in about 97% condition,no box.TIA

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    tikka,

I am sure you have something interesting there, but we need pictures , and the more the better. Clear close up and personal pictures . This will give us an idea of what we are looking at.

Best.
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...First, it's not a version of the DE...models unto themselves.

Custom Combat 10
    Combat Delta 10
    Delta Elite
    Combat Elite

There is a NEW Combat Elite, XSE model..NIB around $900 in .45...and an older Combat Elite...blue slide and SS frame.

The Custom Combat 10 is not made any longer to my knowledge, so, in 100% original condition will be collectable as a Colt, just one reason they're "collectable". I "think" they had a run of 400 in late 80's, another reason they're "collectable", plus they are nice guns.

Custom Combat 10 came with Custom Shop goodies from the factory so just one reason it's NOT related to the DE, which had no goodies.
    Im not sure if the run included SS or nickle, or how many of each...someone with "all" the info books will come along and answer that Im sure. I'm depending on my memory and brain, and that sometimes is dangerous.

DEPENDING on condition, the gun could be worth $850 to $1,500+ also dependent on geographic location and what any "buyer" is comfortable with. They are nice guns, w/a run of only 400, fairly rare. Original serialed to gun box and all paper work would add a +$125-$150.

Condition, condition, condition...and IF it is in the original CONFIGURATION it left the factory will determin it's value; to a degree that is. The Blue Book is about worthless for figuring out a Colt's value, the BB always under values Colts. An un altered Colt will almost w/o fail increase in value 3 times a year...2 times a year is common.

Unlike most guns a Colt will increase a
    at a rate higher than the "inflation" rate...[;)]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd be real suprised if it didn't bring $800. Most, depending on condition, range from $800-1200.
    You might ask over on the 10mmtalk forum too.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.