In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sig P226 Nickel 9mm New

BrendaMBrendaM Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited October 2008 in Ask the Experts
Hi,
I have a gun that was left to me by my husband when he passed away. I would like to find out what it is worth.

Sig Sauer P226 9mm Nickel finish, Trijicon Night Sights, fancy wood grips, 4 Sig marked 15 rd magazines, Galco Holster in Havana Brown. Gun is New in box, never been fired.
There is receipt from 1999 from a store in Northern California, for $800.
Is this a current price? Is it worth more or less than this?

Thanks a bunch for your help
Brenda

Comments

• Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    You cant sell it on the forum, you have to do it on the auction.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello BrendaM,

Welcome to our forums here on gunbroker. I am sorry to hear about your loss. I am sure there is someone out there that would be interested in buying your late husband's pistol. You came to the right site , and we will get you straightened around to sell it.

I am not sure if that is Nickel or stainless steel, but that was a fair price then and now for that weapon. Here is what to do...

1. On the home page of Gun Broker, click on how to sell, and register on the auction side. It will cost you $1.00 for them to verify a credit card.

2. Take some very clear and close up pictures of the weapon and accessories that go with it using a digital camera. 8-10 pictures should do.

3. List it on the auction side with pictures, which can be uploaded from either your hard drive or a picture hosting URL. I would start it at 499.95, and put a reserve at where you would settle for minimum.

I am not sure this would be best or if listing it in a local paper would be, as out there in California, it is about like pulling teeth to get one of those.

Best
  • Options
    BrendaMBrendaM Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The finish is Nickel, not Stainless. I did some looking and found that Nickel was discontinued 1991.

I will look into the auction and try and post it today or saturday.

Thanks!!