In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sheridan Blue Streak - Vintage/Value

seb1999seb1999 Member Posts: 343 ✭✭✭
edited October 2008 in Ask the Experts
Could someone estimate the year of manufacture or approximate age of this air gun and guess at value? Can tis airgun be maintained ie seals etc? The pellets are cylindrical and the tins indicate 5mm - 20cal?

[img][/img]MVC-006F.jpg

[img][/img]MVC-009F.jpg

[img][/img]MVC-010F.jpg

[img][/img]MVC-007F.jpg

Is there a good airgun site/forum

Comments

• Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have a Sheridan "Silver Streak". Can be as old as 50 years or more. New aprox. $75-$100. They can have new seals installed. Around $75. I'd check at local gun shops for someone to install the seals for you. Good Luck
  • Options
    my-handymanmy-handyman Member Posts: 298 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.crosman.com/site/date_manufactured_benjamin For date it was made
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/ For a Great forum and alot of info
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/
    As for value, check here on Gunbroker under airgun completed auctions- you'll find a few. The seal kits are available but not that easy to do. There was/is a Guy here on Gunbroker that was selling the kits.
    Hope this helpd
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks very similar to my Blue Streak; a boyhood Christmas gift back in about 1958. Still going strong. There are some top quality .20 cal. pellets available that give a real edge over the Sheridan pellets in the accuracy department, though I haven't found anything to match the penetration of those solid Sheridan pills. 3 pumps gives good accuracy in the basement and up to 10 pumps give it some decent pop outside for squirrels and rats.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have used my Blue Streak to drop squirrels at 45 yds. There was actually one recorded human fatal shooting with a 5mm Sheridan- definitely not a toy- and accuracy is very good. And yes, 5mm is .20 cal.
  • Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A man came by my table at a gun show this past summer with a 5mm Sheridan Silver Streak. It was near new condition and the price was $70.00. I did not even bargain with him. Pellets are somewhat harder to find than the .177 or .22 but any large gun shop should have them. Mine seems to function well. I have done no accuracy checks on it.
  • Options
    chicoppeechicoppee Member Posts: 312 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had several blue and silver streaks re-sealed for $35 here in NY. Email me for the guys address!He did a great job!
  • Options
    MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    I sold the Sheriden Bluestreak LNIB with original price tag at 49.00 still on the box from warsalls.

I believe my research put it in the late 60s early 70s (I can't remember for sure).

It sold for 340.00 here on gunbroker with a dollar starting bid.