In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Who makes the S&W MP15 AR15 carbine?

aap2aap2 Member Posts: 203 ✭✭✭
edited November 2008 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know who makes the S&W MP15 carbine; Stag or DPMS maybe? I'm thinking of buying the optics ready one tomorrow; I have the front sight and carry handle/rear wight from DPMS that fit on the dovetails of the DPMS gun and I wanted to make sure that they would fit. Any opinions of the S&W carbine; locally about $815 here in PA. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    It'll fit.

Stag used to make their AR's, but now S&W 'manufactures' them in-house.

Keep in mind that - same as most AR manufacturers - they use components like barrels, bolts, fire control group parts, sights, etc. from other manufacturers. I've seen S&W lower receivers that contain all Colt manufactured fire control group parts, but that's not to say they all do.

If I'm not mistaken their lower receivers are actually manufactured by CMT. I'm not sure if S&W does any final finishing work on them or not, but the ones I've disassembled have the tightest pin holes I've seen. In the long run that's not a bad thing.
  • Options
    aap2aap2 Member Posts: 203 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info; I wasn't sure if I am now wondering if I should buy a S&W, Bushmaster or DPMS with the same features; the prices are pretty much the same.