In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Any idea how to make the sig work

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2008 in Ask the Experts
Hunting buddy of mine has a sig misquito. Threaded for suppressor and gun will not eject any rounds , high velocity or sub sonic with the suppressor. It came with two springs and both will not work. Any idea how to get it to work?

Comments

• Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try firing the gun upside down.... no seriously. Just see what happens. I recall reading somewhere about the weight of a suppressor on the barrel of a handgun can cause it to malfunction as the barrel needs to come or point up as the back goes down out of battery so the slide can move rearward ejecting the spent case.

Maybe clip a few coils off one of the springs?
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    Try CCI mini mags and see if it works. it might need the extra power. If not, ditch the gun and get a Walther P22.
  • Options
    SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The supressor may be diverting the gasses and causing a weak recoil impulse so that the slide is not going back with sufficient energy. If this is the case the slide spring needs to be reduced in weight.
  • Options
    5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    Have you tried putting the question to someone on silencer talk...it is a forum dedicated to the subject of suppressors. There is a section by suppressor manufacturer...a section by rimfire pistol...I would ask my question there too.
  • Options
    ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    Try Stingers, if they don't cycle your slide properly, you have a problem that Sig neeeds to address.