In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

lc smith

irontermiteirontermite Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
edited January 2009 in Ask the Experts
Trying to find the value of an LC Smith Field Grade 16 Gauge Side by Side shotgun made in 1924. Looks to be in good condition. Thanks for any assistance.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have an old LC Smith sidelock hammerless double that appears to have damascus patterns on the barrels but they look like fluid steel and are not nearly as thick as the twist barrels I have seen. Does anyone know if this is true Damascus and whether I can cut this gun for cowboy shooting?

Paul G. Riley
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can someone provide the dimensions of the cocking plate on the forearm of a 16ga new model hammerless LC Smith shotgun

These things can't be found so I will have to make one.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have an LC SMITH model Skeet Special, it has aabout 75%+ of the original blue on the barrels, retains the original finish on the action,original wood, it has been repaired professionally(crack in the wrist of the stock), wondering what it might be worth,
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for the info.
    thanks again
    TERMITE
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i have a 1906 lc smith side by side now that it is over 100 years old does it have to go through a dealer to sell it.
    thanks termite
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know yall have been ask a lot about types of steel in old guns. What is armor steel as on top of an old LC Smith sxs? Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a chance to buy a LC Smith .410 Double of course for 3200. It is in like new cond., case colors are very good. Is this price in line?[/b][8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Who makes the new LC Smith imported by Marlin and is anyone shooting one? What do you think of it?

Remember;Let your dog hunt. You hunt the dog!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have an old LC Smith, it says Trap Grade Serial # FWE 114,XXX T. Im looking to trade for a superpose. Does anyone have an idea of value? Very good shape tight with original leather carry case
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    100 years is not the cutoff in 1968 gun control act set a date of 1898 but that DID NOT change in 1969[:(!][:(][xx(] to the year 1899 so the law still reads over 20 years later that 1898 is the cut off date. Your LC SMITH can be shipped to a holder of a C&R lic.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, it must still go through a FFL. All firearms must go through or be shipped to an FFL unless they are classified as an "Antique" per federal code.

Per U.S. Code Title 18, Part I, Chapter 44, Section ?921, paragraph (16), an "Antique" firearm is defined as follows;

(16) The term "antique firearm" means-

(A) any firearm (including any firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system) manufactured in or before 1898; or

(B) any replica of any firearm described in subparagraph (A) if such replica-

(i) is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition, or

(ii) uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition which is no longer manufactured in the United States and which is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade; or

(C) any muzzle loading rifle, muzzle loading shotgun, or muzzle loading pistol, which is designed to use black powder, or a black powder substitute, and which cannot use fixed ammunition. For purposes of this subparagraph, the term "antique firearm" shall not include any weapon which incorporates a firearm frame or receiver, any firearm which is converted into a muzzle loading weapon, or any muzzle loading weapon which can be readily converted to fire fixed ammunition by replacing the barrel, bolt, breechblock, or any combination thereof.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,976 ******
    edited November -1
    "All firearms must go through or be shipped to an FFL "..........not quite true, you can still sell face to face in most states and sell/ship to someone in you own state in a few states. if you sell to someone in another state a post 1898 firearm mus be shipped to a receiving ffl (either a 01 or 03 ffl in your case).