In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HIGH STANDARD AUTOMATIC SHOTGUN

gabosoxgabosox Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited January 2009 in Ask the Experts
IT'S MY UNDERSTANDING THAT THE HIGH STANDARD SEMI-AUTOMATIC SHOTGUNS HAVE A PROBLEM WITH EJECTING/CHAMBERING DURING REPEATITIVE SHOTS. DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW OF A FIX? MY 20 GAUGE SUPERMATIC DELUXE HAPPENS TO BE ONE OF THOSE THAT WILL NOT REPEAT. THE BOLTS LOOK GOOD AND OPERATE SMOOTHLY, ALL OTHER PARTS LOOK GOOD AS WELL AND DON'T SHOW ANY SIGNS OF WEAR. I'VE TRIED MANY DIFFERENT MAGNUM LOADS TO NO AVAIL. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
THANKS, JIM

Comments

• Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    You check and clean your gas ports in the barrel?
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    do you have the magazine tube cap gas port adjusted properly?
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    JohnStimsonJohnStimson Member Posts: 448
    edited November -1
    Bobski probabnly has the solution. Teh 20 Gauge had an adjsutment for differetn loads See the link below to read teh factrou instructions. Page 4

http://www.histandard.info/manuals/hsashotguns/1167D150R.pdf
  • Options
    edited November -1
    john...have you been drinking? man...thats the most typos ive seen from you in a long time![:D]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 12 g. in pieces now. I bought it used and never worked from day 1. It was jamming open and/or closed. The SOAB seemed to work fine at times though, when not shooting. The only thing I could find was a area in the chamber which seemed to be worn down.I have never hated a gun more.
  • Options
    JohnStimsonJohnStimson Member Posts: 448
    edited November -1
    Hello Bob,

That's not the problem Bob, I don'r drink. However, my typing skills was never good and seem to be slipping these days.

Happy New Year. May you and your family have a healthy andprosperous new year.

John
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:)]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    gabosoxgabosox Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the fast replies, I'll definitely check the adjustment of the forehand cap. Should the selector bridge lay flat against the wave washer? Mine has almost .060 gap. Does that indicate my cap is out of adjustment?
    Dah....where are the gas ports in the barrel located? Looking thru the barrel it looks clean as a whistle. Should they be easily seen?
    Thanks again...inadvance!!!!! Jim
  • Options
    edited November -1
    the cap should be marked high low.
    unless you have a mk1...is yours the flush beveled forend cap design? or is it the newer regular cap?
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.