In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

poor mans .45

brodyou812brodyou812 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited November 2004 in Ask the Experts
What do you all think of the Cobra Patriot .45 acp. Its a compact and easy to conceal.It holds 6 in the Magazine. I know its nothing fancy, but is it a good reliable gun for the Married guy who"s wife thinks 6 hundred dollars a bit pricey for a Para Ordnance?

Comments

• Options
    linemechlinemech Member Posts: 122 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my world a guns value is not the cost in $ its measured in nights spent on the couch. Buy the para
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    if you watch the auctions you should be able to find a used Para for less
    both of mine where under $500 and both are great guns
    just do a search for Para Ordnance , I came up with several under 500 hunderd and even a couple under 400
  • Options
    ern98ern98 Member Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are buying it for concealed carry then cheap can mean dead. I don't know this brand, but if you buy it and it ever show any hesitation in feeding, dump it. There are other brands out there that aren't as pricey and are reliable.
  • Options
    Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If your looking for a plinker/casual shooter fine, but don't stake your safety/life or that of your family on a bargain basement gun.

9407288-Ti.jpg

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • Options
    ContacFrontContacFront Member Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ask the wife if your life is worth 600+ I am sure she will understand even if you had to buy a 1000 dollar gun to protect you and your family. When the bababooey hits the fan you do not want to have to wonder if your firearm will function or not.
  • Options
    3gunner3gunner Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    See, you messed up. You clued her in on the price before buying. Tis better to ask for forgiveness than permission.[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    AllenoAlleno Member Posts: 275 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get a New Ruger for between $350 and $400, they make 3 models in 45. P97, P90 and the new one P345. All are reasonable concealable except the P90 and some may argue that.

Alleno
  • Options
    badwrenchbadwrench Member Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just my .02, but the Star FireStar M45 is a great, affordable compact .45. I've had one for 8 years and it's never lket me down. Never a jam or anything. Factory mags are a little spendy, though.

Chrome don't get you home.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 3gunner
    See, you messed up. You clued her in on the price before buying. Tis better to ask for forgiveness than permission.[:D][:D][:D]

Usually, tis easier to get forgiveness than permission!
    If you really want to do something, you'll find a way ...
    ... If you don't, you'll find any excuse.
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    why in the world would you need either? your the man of the house the protecter , if you need it buy it , she don't like it she will get over it in time [:D] ask her if she thinks her live and safety is worth it or if you have kids bring their safety into it , make her see it as the tool that it is, not the gee i want something, she thinks it is [;)]
  • Options
    3gunner3gunner Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimberkid
    quote:Originally posted by 3gunner

Usually, tis easier to get forgiveness than permission!

this is true also
    If you really want to do something, you'll find a way ...
    ... If you don't, you'll find any excuse.