In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

colt custom 32-20

ithaca4meithaca4me Member Posts: 538 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2006 in Ask the Experts
finally got the pictue thing figured out so I will do all of this again this is my late grandfathers gun it has a cut trigger gaurd and bobbed hammer a gentleman by the name of John Henry Fitzgerald done this kind of custom work in the 1930's according to a may 1990 issue of guns and ammo just curious if anyone knows anything about this and it's value.colt2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ithaca4meithaca4me Member Posts: 538 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some of this might not sound right but here goes. My father has a gun of my grandfathers that was customized the trigger gaurd was cut out it has a bobbed hammer and it is 32-20. Guns & ammo may 1990 edition wrote about a gentlemen that done this work in the 1930's John Henry Fitgerald. My father says he thinks it is a model 2 but not really sure if I could figure out how to do pictures i would post them.
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Nothing New about this pistol...It was done so that it could be carried in a Pocket safely..No Hammer Spur to Catch on Clothing and a clear and fast way to have a finger on the Trigger as it came clear of ones pocket!..There will be limited Demand and collectabilty is gonna be in the Trash Can....I've seen several of these Cut Down Pistols over the years, and even owned one for awhile....If memory serves I gave $25.00 for it and then ended up Trading it for a couple of Tires or something....Man, that was over 50 years ago....
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is a picture of a original "FITZ" Colt snubie off the net. Notice the front sight, compare it to the one on your revolver.

CAL-gun.jpg
  • Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ithica4me, The long ejector suggests that the barrel has been shortened. The lettering on the barrel will let you know for sure about that. If it is a .32-20 be sure you only shoot the .32-20 loaded for pistol. Some will be marked "for rifle only". Even with the .32-20 pistol ammo I expect you would get a large muzzle flash and loud report.