In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Stevens 311

Old FoolOld Fool Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2007 in Ask the Experts
I recently aquired an old Stevens 311 h series sxs 20ga 3" chamber with a 26" barrel. My question is what chokes are they? I can not find any markings that would indicate. I'm guessing it would be improved/modified with the 26. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Gentlemen, I have a question. Does anyone know the secret incantations, potions, and positions required to reinstall the hammers on a Stevens model 311 SxS??? I have tried a "special tool" that I purchased on line, it is useless. I have tried using an arbor press to push the hammers into position, no joy[:(] How do you do it (install the hammers, I mean[:I])

Thanks

OldFool.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know if Stevens 311A sxs shotguns have interchangeable barrels? I was told that the 311 12ga receiver would accept 16 ga barrels and visa versa. Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know an approximate value for a Stevens 311, 4-10, SxS? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How can you tell the age of a Stevens 311
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    very carfully (and about 57.5 cuss words). I use a pin punch slightly smaller than the hammer pin, clamp the receiver in a solid vise, work the pin punch up from the bottom and manuver the top hammer into possition enough to get the pin punch starter in the hole in the hammer then 'wiggel' it into place and start the hammer pin from the top down repeat for the second (lower) hammer. did I mention it helps to have 4 hands?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I'll try that[:)]

OldFool.jpg