In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ultramax Ammo

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,433 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2007 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone used this remanufactured ammo?

Thanks guys,
It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I had purchased some cheap Ultramax 9mm FMJ ammo, and when I posted about it a couple of weeks ago, everyone ripped on it. Well I don't know if Ultramax has changed something, but the ammo was great, not smokey or dirty as I had been warned, and it was just as consistant and accurate as the CCI & S&B 9mm I shot as a comparison. I hope this is the future of all Ultramax ammo, as cheap supplies are hard to find.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bought some ultramax remanufactured .223 ammo to shoot out of my bushmaster ar-15, and it was junk. It wouldn't eject the spent case from the reciever. Has anyone else had this problem with ultramax, any suggestions on a cheap ammo that shoots well out the ar-15
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    last bunch I had it sure smoked alot on the indoor range.
  • Options
    magicmanml2magicmanml2 Member Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i used the .223 it works fine in my AR. Some were dirtier than others but a good cheaper alternative for brass rounds. All my rounds were loaded in Lake City Brass.
  • Options
    wolfdog45wolfdog45 Member Posts: 584
    edited November -1
    I have used it in my AR15 no problems. Works great. All was loaded on Lake City brass year marked 05.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll buy some for use when things get tough ... and guys - I think they will a year or so after the election.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been using Ultramax in both .308 amd .30/06 and, while it may shoot a little dirty, it is very accurate in my rifles and is loaded with Speer and Nosler bullets for topnotch performance
  • Options
    jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I buy the .357 sig- works fine for me.