In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Help putting a Winchester 21 back together

jmshuntsjmshunts Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
edited September 2007 in Ask the Experts
I removed the forearm and barrels from my 21 but i'm having trouble getting it back together. I can get the barrels on the frame and I can get the forearm on the the barrels I just cant get all three back together. Can someone please give me detailed instructions? Thanks!

Comments

• Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    You have a very collectible Winchester and someone in here will be able to help you with your problem but maybe the pics below will help. I also wanted you to know that you can get an instruction manual and product tags for your Winnie at this website: http://www.rediscovered-shooting-treasures.com/winchester21.htm

AR6362.jpg
    AR6362A.jpg
  • only winchestersonly winchesters Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello jmshunts: Well it sounds like you pulled the trigger(s) and fired it with the barrels off. Since it cocks everytime you break the gun open, (after it's been fired or dry fired).

You will need to find a "cocking tool" or a gunsmith who has the cocking tool.

Now if you didn't dry fire it, on the forearm, the lever on the bottom of the forearm must be pulled out, like you are removing the forearm. to get it back on.

Regards Dave